12 Hour Stopover in LAX? Thats the situation we found ourselves in earlier this year. If you happen to find yourself on an extra long stopover in this beautiful city follow our itinerary.
- Take a free shuttle to one of the following Hotels, we chose the Sheraton Gateway.
– Marriott LAX
– Courtyard by Marriott
– Four Points Sheraton LAX
– Crowne Plaza
– La Quinta Inn
– Sheraton Gateway
– Embassy Suites
– Holiday Inn
– The Concourse Hotel
– Travelodge Hotel
- Ask at the Concierge desk to buy tickets for the Ocean Express Trolley. Tickets
are only $5 each for the day and it is a Hop on Hop off service which stops at Manhattan Beach, Manhattan Village Shopping Centre and Plaza El Segundo.
If you have a bit of luggage you can usually store it at the concierge desk for a small tip.
- Bus’s run every hour, you can check HERE for more details.
- Around 30mins later you’re at Manhattan Beach! Sun, fun, people watching, Acai bowls from Paradise Bowls on the pier. We spent a good 3hours here exploring, taking photos and falling in love with the laid back lifestyle and pristine scenery, dreaming about living here someday perhaps…
- On the way back we also stopped off at Plaza El Segundo Shopping for another hour exploring all the shops and variety we had been deprived of for the last 2.5 years living in the south of Argentina. What a pity all our luggage was already checked in, I would have loved to take home some Candles from Anthropology!
And that was the end of the day! Back at the airport by sundown and ready for our 8pm flight.
Has anyone else had a long stopover at LAX, any more things to do/tips?
Much better than staying in the airport all day!