So I wouldn’t exactly call this a ‘healthy brownie’ it is gluten free and processed sugar free but it does have a lot of butter in it!
The main interest is that it is super moist and delicious and it feels a little healthy just by the fact that it excludes flour and white sugar… Give it a go you wont be disappointed, it definitely doesn’t taste like beans and the texture is amazing…
Recipe (adapted from 101 Cookbooks ‘Amazing Black Bean Brownies’)
– 113 grams good quality dark chocolate
– 225 grams butter
– 2 cups soaked and cooked black beans drained, or if you cant be bothered use canned.
– 1 cup walnuts, chopped
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– ¼ cup powdered instant coffee (it seems a lot but it works)
– ¼ teaspoon sea salt
– 4 large eggs
– 1½ cups honey or if you prefer, agave nectar
1. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water until melted.
2. In a blender place the melted chocolate/butter mixture, the beans, walnuts, vanilla, coffee, salt eggs and honey and blend until smooth.
3. In your brownie pan or a glass lasagne dish butter the bottom and sides and use a couple of teaspoons of cocoa powder to coat the dish.
4. Pour your brownie mixture into the dish and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 30 to 40 minutes or until brownies are set.
5. Once cool place in the fridge for at least one hour and then slice and serve.