A nice simple Lemon Loaf Recipe I made for my Birthday back in December… Not to sweet and super simple, it made a nice addition to the fresh fruit and peppermint truffles we had on offer.
– 125g butter, softened
– 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
– 1/3 cup lemon juice
– rind of 1 large lemon
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
– 1/2 cup milk
1. With an electric beater or wooden spoon, beat the butter, 1 cup of the sugar and the lemon rind together until pale and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
3. Fold in half the flour and half the milk until combined then follow with the other half. (Try not to over mix or the texture of final loaf may end out tough).
4. Pour batter into a greased loaf tin and bake for around 45mins at 180 degrees celsius or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Combine remaining sugar and lemon juice.
6. When the loaf has just come out of the oven and still in pan take your skewer or a fork and prick small holes here and there. Pour over lemon juice mixture and let stand until cooled.
7. If you can wait place in the fridge before cutting, it will cut nicer that way, cut into thin slices and serve.